Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Catch up

Been focused on cycling stuff lately. Politics has slipped from the front of mind for a while, suffering from burnout a bit on that. Don't really know what to make of the supplemental - I was pretty disappointed in the dropping of the timetable, but at the same time I do think that the Dems would have been beaten over the head had the situation reached a critical impasse. I think Bush might have let the troops twist in the wind to score points so I guess I'm ok with it.

I didn't think that Goodling would say much and it doesn't sound like she did. I'm amazed that the Comey stuff hasn't been 24/7/365... I guess if he was a blonde and had gone missing in Jamaica it would be different.

Like I said, I'm a tad burnt on politics.

Equity extraction is down. Of course it's down. Read an interesting article somewhere that said that part of the problem is that mortgages are no longer long-term loans, if you are in a 5-year exploding ARM, the loan is 5 not 30 years regardless of the stated term. Thought that was interesting. The comptroller of the currency said, in a speech today, that lenders probably want to verify a borrower's income. Um, well, yeah.

Got the new Wilco album/CD/MP3, whatever. I'm disappointed. It seems much more straightforward and not particularly interesting. What I liked about Wilco is that listening to their last 4 or so releases, you got to hear the disintegration of a band and a man. This one sounds like he came through the other side and he's... boring.

Still waiting on the coolest bike in the world. The good news is that the 42X16 is feeling smaller and smaller each day.

All caught up now. Peace out.

No comments: