Thursday, November 8, 2007

Random Observations

Been a while, sorry about that, yadda-yadda, you all know the drill by now.

Profoundly disappointed in Schumer and Feinstein. I don't care what Schumer was told behind closed doors, what matters to me is that Mukasey was not willing to call waterboarding torture when he was in front of an open mike. And as far as "enforcing all the laws", when exactly did that become the bar over which the AG had to jump? Wasn't that once considered a core part of the gig?

Schumer and Feinstein have now made torture a US thing, not a Republican thing. It was bad enough to not aggressively pursue criminal complaints, but to endorse Mukasey is to give the OK to torture - plain and simple. Schumer is up again in (I believe) 2010. I don't live in NY anymore, but will gladly support a primary challenger.

Hard to see how telco's can get retroactive immunity after the testimony provided yesterday. Of course, they probably will thanks to Jay Rockefeller, but that doesn't mean that they should. Amazing.

Although, as down as I am on the Democrats these days, I am in awe of the Republicans. Pat Robertson endorses Giuliani? Seriously? What a hack. I hope that Ron Paul asks Rudy about Robertson's 9-11 comments at the next Republican debate.

Did I miss anything else?

No comments: