Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bike Snob and Rock Racing

Bike Snob NYC is a very funny cycling site. At times, it may be too inside for the very casual cyclist, but it's worth checking out periodically. Yesterday, it took a shot at my new favorite team to hate, Rock Racing:

Team owner Michael Ball, with the help of his tan, has been hiring pretty much every disgraced pro he can get his hands on, mouthing off to the press, and generally trying to become the Vince McMahon of cycling. If cycling were a 15 year old girl, he’d be offering her liquor and trying to get into her pants...

They even use Escalades as team cars. While I suppose that gives people a rare chance to see one of the word’s most obnoxious SUVs with a bicycle on top of it instead of underneath it, it’s still an offensive image.

I think I'm going to start a pool for when the first RR rider will come up positive. I'm going with July.

No comments: